The COST Verification Competition is a half-day verification tool evaluation event attached to the FoVeOOS conference.
Location, Date and Time
Tuesday, October 4, 14:00
After the competition, at 19:30, we will have a dinner at pizzeria Le Rondini
- Marieke Huisman
- Vladimir Klebanov
- Rosemary Monahan
Format of the Competition
- Up to 3 people can form a team
- Each team chooses a verification system
- The organizers will provide 3 challenges specified in natural languages and/or code
- The teams have to solve each challenge within a dedicated time slot (60-90min, tba)
- Solving a challenge means developing an implementation and a formal specification, as well as verifying mechanically that the former conforms to the latter
- Solutions will be judged by the organizers
- Preliminary results will be announced during FoVeOOS; a later common publication in the post-proceedings is possible
The competition challenges are attached to this page below. The time slots for solving them were (60, 90, and 90 minutes respectively). We encourage members of the verification community to try the challenges and send us their solutions.
A registration for FoVeOOS is not
necessary to participate in the competition. If you want to participate, please contact Vladimir Klebanov
with the name and a very brief description of your tool of choice.