The two most beautiful words in the English language are "Cheque Enclosed." -- Dorothy Parker
IC0701 reimburses meeting participants according to the COST rules on reimbursement. This is a very short document, please consult it. Below is a purely unofficial summary.
What you can claim
- Long-distance travel costs are reimbursed mostly as incurred according to your receipts.
- Local transport is reimbursed without receipts up to an amount of EUR 25,- (please note that this is not a flat fee).
- Rules for reimbursement of taxi fares are very strict: only if no reasonable public transport available, with receipt, and no more than EUR 40 for the whole trip
- Accommodation is reimbursed at a fixed rate of 120 EUR per night, at most 4 nights between 4-8 October (3-8 October for competition participants)
- Meals are reimbursed to some extent at EUR 20,-/meal if funds allow (decision of the Management Committee).
How to submit the claim (e-cost)
Your reimbursement will be handled by the Action Grant Holder (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology) and not by the COST Office. Please do NOT
submit your reimbursement claims to the COST Office in Brussels. Please direct all questions on reimbursement to Vladimir Klebanov
You should have received an official invitation email for this meeting from email@example.com. The email contains the links to accept/decline the invitation. This link will also let you download a personalized claim form
after you have created an account at the e-cost site
(most participants will already have one). The claim form has to be submitted on paper.
The deadline for sending in claims is October 23rd..
- After the meeting: Fill out and sign the claim form. Please do not forget to fill out the time of travel.
- Attach copies of all long-distance travel receipts (printouts for e-tickets). Do NOT submit receipts for: hotel, public local transport, or meals. Please keep all original receipts.
- Send the receipt copies and the original signed form to (NEW ADDRESS)
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Chalmers University of Technology
Claims sent to KIT will be forwarded.
- I'm attending other events before going back (coming here). How do I fill out the form? Fill out the travel times as if you did not attend the non-COST event.
- Can I fax or email you the form? No, we need the original paper form with your signature. This is a legal COST requirement.
If you have any questions concerning reimbursement, please direct them to Vladimir Klebanov